Jun 12, 2019
Microsoft and Oracle announced a cloud interoperability partnership enabling customers to migrate and run mission-critical enterprise workloads across Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud. Enterprises can now seamlessly connect Azure services, like Analytics and AI, to Oracle Cloud services, like Autonomous Database. By enabling customers to run one part of a workload within Azure and another part of the same workload within the Oracle Cloud, the partnership delivers a highly optimized, best-of-both-clouds experience.
Taken together, Azure and Oracle Cloud offer customers a one-stop shop for all the cloud services and applications they need to run their entire business. This partnership has been announced in certain areas at present, Australia is yet to come.
As a result of this expanded partnership, the companies are today making available a new set of capabilities:
- Connect Azure and Oracle Cloud seamlessly, allowing customers to extend their on-premises datacenters to both clouds. This direct interconnect is available starting today in Ashburn (North America) and Azure US East, with plans to expand additional regions in the future.
- Unified identity and access management, via a unified single sign-on experience and automated user provisioning, to manage resources across Azure and Oracle Cloud. Also available in early preview today, Oracle applications can use Azure Active Directory as the identity provider and for conditional access.
- Supported deployment of custom applications and packaged Oracle applications (JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Oracle Retail, Hyperion) on Azure with Oracle databases (RAC, Exadata, Autonomous Database) deployed in Oracle Cloud. The same Oracle applications will also be certified to run on Azure with Oracle databases in Oracle Cloud.
- A collaborative support model to help IT organizations deploy these new capabilities while enabling them to leverage existing customer support relationships and processes.
- Oracle Database will continue to be certified to run in Azure on various operating systems, including Windows Server and Oracle Linux.
Microsoft and Oracle’s cloud interoperability enables you to migrate and run mission-critical enterprise workloads across Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Run your Oracle database and enterprise applications—including JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Oracle Retail, and WebLogic Server—on Oracle Linux, Windows Server, and other supported operating systems in Azure.
New Horizons are Australia’s only Oracle Approved Education Centre and a Microsoft Gold Partner. If you or your team are looking to take advantage of this, and other Oracle or Microsoft Azure technology advancements, please contact one of our Learning Solutions Advisors on 1300 794 006 or request a call back to discuss your training needs!
Featured resources to help your team upskill before this becomes available in Australia.
Browse all Oracle Training Courses
Browse Microsoft Azure Training Courses