This module describes how to use the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to create, capture, and manage a desktop operating system image.Lessons
Lab : Preparing the Imaging and Pre-installation Environment
- Overview of Windows ADK
- Managing the Windows Preinstallation Environment
- Building a Reference Image Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
- Configuring and Managing Windows Deployment Services
Lab : Building a Reference Image Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Installing Windows ADK
- Configuring a Custom Windows PE Environment
Lab : Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
- Building a Custom Answer File Using Windows SIM
- Installing a Reference Computer Using a Custom Answer File
- Generalising a Reference Computer Using Sysprep
Lab : Configuring and Managing Windows Deployment Services
- Capturing a Reference System Image
- Servicing a Reference System Image
- Planning the Windows Deployment Services Environment
- Installing and Configuring the Windows Deployment Services Server Role
- Capturing a Reference Image Using WDS
- Deploying an Image Using WDS
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Identify the purpose and key features of the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK).
- Describe the Windows Preinstallation (Windows PE) environment and how it can be customised to address specific image and deployment requirements.
- Describe the Windows Setup and preparation process and how it can be modified using answer files created with Windows SIM and the Sysprep utility.
- Use Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) to capture and service a reference image.
- Configure and manage Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to help support an image capture and deployment solution.