This module describes the tools provided in Windows ADK, and explains how to use them to prepare for and support automated deployment strategies.
- Overview of the Windows Setup and Installation Process
- Preparing Boot Images Using Windows PE
- Automating and Preparing the Installation of an Image Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
Lab 1: Preparing the Imaging and Windows PE Environment
- Configuring a Custom Windows PE Environment
Lab 2: Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Building Custom Answer Files by Using Windows SIM
- Installing a Reference Computer by Using a Custom Answer File
- Customising Image in Audit Mode and Preserve the Profile Changes Using Sysprep
Lab 3: Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Capturing a Reference System Image
- Servicing a Reference Image
- Describe the Windows installation process.
- Describe how to use and customize Windows PE.
- Use Windows SIM and Sysprep to automate and prepare images.
- Capture and service a reference image.