This module provides an overview of the file systems supported by Windows 10. It explains how to configure file permissions, the effect of file permissions, how explicit and inherited permissions work, and how to include user and device claims in access permissions. This module also explains how to share folders, the tools to use for sharing a folder, and the effective permissions when a user tries to access data in a shared folder that is protected by file permissions. The last lesson in the module describes how to add and share a printer, and how to manage client and server side printing.
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Work Folders
- Managing Printers
Lab : Creating, Securing, and Sharing a Folder
- Creating and Securing a Data Folder
- Sharing the Data Folder
Lab : Enabling Work Folders
Lab : Installing and Sharing a Printer
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Installing and Sharing a Printer
- Describe and create file systems that are supported by Windows 10.
- Configure file permissions and limit access to files and folders.
- Configure and manage shared folders.
- Create and use Work Folders.
- Configure and manage printers.