This module covers the management of SharePoint users and user security.
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users and Groups
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Permissions and Permission Levels
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Configuring List and Library Permissions
- Working with Audiences and Content Filtering
- Managing User Alerts
Lab : Users, Groups and Permissions
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Add new users to a site
- Create a permission level for Add, Edit, but not Delete
- Create a new group for the site
- Create a new group for granular permissions
- Create a subsite with unique permissions
- Set unique permissions on a library and a folder
- Manage SharePoint security using best practices.
- Add new users and groups.
- Create custom permission levels.
- Work with Audiences.