This module examines the Windows 7 Beta system imaging tools that enable IT professionals to manage operating system images using a single, consolidated tool-set, improve system image delivery over the network, and reduce image sizes.Lessons
- Preparing to Deploy a Windows 7 Beta Image
- Deploying a Windows 7 Beta Image
- Servicing a Windows 7 Beta Image
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Describe new Windows 7 Beta features as they relate to Windows Deployment Services and virtualization.
- Describe how the DISM tool provides a central place for IT professionals to build and service Windows images offline.
- Describe how Dynamics Driver Provisioning in Windows 7 Beta allows IT professionals to reduce the size of system images.
- Describe how Multicast Multiple Stream Transfer helps ensure the fastest possible overall transfer rate.
- Describe how the VHD Boot feature of Windows 7 Beta helps ease the transition between virtual and physical environments.