This module examines how Windows 7 Beta improves upon the security lineage of Windows Vista by making security features more useable and manageable, by protecting data on PCs and devices, and by enabling IT professionals to specify exactly what is to run on user desktops.
- Implementing User Account Control
- Introduction to Windows BitLocker
- Introduction to Windows AppLocker
- Configuring Windows Defender
- Introduction to Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
Lab : Implementing User Account Control
- Configure User Account Control
Lab : Implementing AppLocker Security Controls
- Create AppLocker Rules and Configure Enforcement
Lab : Implementing Windows Defender
- Configure Scans for Windows Defender
Lab : Implementing Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Adjust Windows Firewall Configuration
- Lab Shutdown
- Administer new User Account Control security settings to improve the end-user computing experience.
- Describe BitLocker and how BitLocker to Go gives system administrators control over protection for removable storage devices.
- Describe the new Group Policy Preferences and Administrative Templates that are available to IT professionals who manage Group Policy Objects.
- Identify how IT professionals can use Windows Defender to prevent spyware and potentially unwanted software from infecting computers.
- Describe how Windows 7 Beta improves upon the firewall policy by allowing IT professionals to identify multiple active firewall profiles.