This module helps students troubleshoot issues related to hardware devices and device drivers by identifying basic hardware-related issues. Additionally, the module helps students determine hardware failure issues, and the problems that device drivers can cause. Finally, this module provides guidance on how to configure performance options in Windows 7, as well as monitor reliability and performance of Windows 7 computers.
- Lesson 1: Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Lesson 3: Monitoring Reliability and Performance
- Lesson 4: Configuring Performance Options in Windows 7
- Lesson 5: Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
Lab A: Resolving Hardware Device and Device Driver Issues
- Exercise 1: Resolving Hardware Issues
- Exercise 2: Configuring Group Policy to Control Device Installation (optional)
Lab B: Troubleshooting Performance-Related Issues
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Exercise: Troubleshooting a Performance Problem
- Identify basic hardware-related issues.
- Determine hardware failure issues.
- Monitor reliability and performance of Windows 7 computers.
- Configure performance options in Windows 7.
- Determine problems that device drivers cause.