Self-paced (3 months access)
This On-Demand Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)course is required for IT professionals who wants to deploy and configure System Centre 2012 R2 Operations manager. This course include hands-on labs which will help students to design and migrate an existing SCOM deployment to SCOM 2012 SP1 Ops manager. The course includes discovery of objects and running rules on them, implementing management packs and troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group and perform disaster recovery procedures. There are specific labs that covers configuring end-to-end service monitoring including synthetic transactions and Distributed Application Diagrams. At the end of the course students will also be able to learn about the new features in System Center 2012 R2 including: Integration with System Center Advisor, Integration with Team Foundation Server, IntelliTrace, and Managing Windows Azure.
- How to architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group.
- How to upgrade and migrate from an existing Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
- Understand the key elements of Management Packs including Object Discoveries, Rules, Monitors, Targeting and Run As Accounts and Run As Profiles. This includes authoring Management Packs.
- How to configure fabric and application monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including both datacenter and cloud resources such as networking, storage and compute.
- How to configure monitoring of .NET and Java based applications using Application Performance Monitoring.
- How to configure end-to-end service monitoring including synthetic transactions and Distributed Application Diagrams.
- How to configure Dashboards, Service Level Tracking Reporting and the SharePoint Web Part to enable visualisation of key performance and availability metrics.
- How to customise the Operations Manager Console to meet the needs of different application support teams.
- How to integrate Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components and extend monitoring to include key business processes and procedures.
- How to troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group and perform disaster recovery procedures such as database and management server recovery.
- How to use new features in System Center 2012 R2 including: integration with System Center Advisor, integration with Team Foundation Server, IntelliTrace, and managing Windows Azure.
Microsoft Official Courses
Free with SATVs
MOC On-Demand: $1,089 (or 2-day SATVs)
for 90 days access, includes videos, online labs, knowledge checks and assessments.
MOC On-Demand plus Digital MOC ebook: $1,430 (or 5-day SATVs)
for 90 days access, includes videos, online labs, knowledge checks, assessments plus unrestricted access to the accompanying MOC eBook
Special Offer! Use your SATVs and get 5 days free access to our tech lab, with one-on-one instructor support through our flexible mentored learning option.
Students must redeem their OD course from Microsoft within 7 Days. SATV Payment will otherwise not be accepted, and an invoice will be raised.