This five-day course provides comprehensive training on how to administer a VMware NSX-T™ environment. This course covers key VMware NSX® features and functionality offered in the NSX-T 2.2 release operating across layer 2 through layer 7 of the OSI model.
Access to a software-defined data center environment is provided through hands-on labs to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course.
• Describe NSX-T Data Center™ platform features and advantages • List the capabilities of NSX-T Data Center platform • Explain the value proposition of NSX-T Data Center • Describe NSX-T Data Center Architecture planes • Describe NSX-T Data Center and Kubernetes integration features • Describe NSX-T Data Center and Pivotal Cloud Foundry integration features • Describe NSX-T Data Center and OpenShift integration features • Describe NSX Cloud™ use cases • Explain NSX Cloud features and capabilities • Describe the NSX Cloud components and their roles and responsibilities
• Define the NSX-T Data Center deployment preparation • Identify the system requirements to deploy NSX-T Data Center • Identify ports and protocols • Identify and describe the NSX-T Data Center installation checklist • Describe the OVF deployment of NSX-T Data Manager • Explain how to power on the NSX-T Manager using a Compute Manager (VMware vCenter Server®) • Describe the process to check the NSX-T Manager status • Explain the methods to reboot the NSX-T Manager
• Describe role-based Access Control and VMware Identity Manager™ • Explain the integration of NSX-T with VMware Identity Manager • Explain authentication policies • Identify the four types of permissions • Describe the workflows of logical switching (MP, CCP, DP) • Describe the VMware Identity Manager built-in roles • Explain VMware Identity Manager Domains and User Attributes
• Explain the need for NSX-T Data Center Logical Switching feature • Describe various logical switching terminology • List the various types of logical switches available • Explain N-VDS implementation in ESXi and KVM • Explain the encapsulation protocol GENEVE implementation • Explain the Switch Security feature of NSX-T Logical Switching
• Explain the function of NSX-T Logical Routing • Describe NSX-T multitier routing architectures • Explain north-south and east-west routing • Differentiate between dynamic and static routing • Describe the architecture of NSX-T two-tier routing • Explain the benefits of NSX-T two-tier routing for single- and multi-tenancy • Describe the form factors of NSX-T Edge nodes • Explain the purpose of Equal Cost Multipath routing
• Describe NSX-T Data Center services • Describe Source and Destination NAT • Describe NSX-T DNS and DHCP services • List the HA Modes available in NSX-T • Describe the load-balancing service of NSX-T • Explain Metadata Proxies
• Describe NSX-T microsegmentation • Explain microsegmentation use cases • Explain microsegmentation design objectives • Describe the architecture of NSX-T firewalls • Explain the purpose and creation of firewall sections • Explain the function of NSX-T SpoofGuard
• Describe the configuration, routine maintenance, and management of NSX-T • Describe the procedure of applying NSX-T authentication certificates • Explain the need and process to manage IP addresses • Describe the methods for NSX-T logging • Explain the types of backups available • Explain the various native troubleshooting tools available for NSX-T Data Center
Experienced system or network administrators
• Understanding of enterprise switching and routing • Knowledge of TCP/IP services • Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets • Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course • Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Introduction to Network Virtualization with NSX course
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives: • Understand NSX-T key features and functionality • Understand NSX-T architecture and component subsystems • Identify the differences between NSX-T and the NSX-V and VMware NSX® Multi-Hypervisor™ platforms • Deploy and configure overlay layer 2 networks • Understand logical routing implementation and architecture enhancements • Understand distributed firewall implementation and policy rules • Gather relevant information from the NSX platform during troubleshooting scenarios
VMware NSX-T: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.2] Free PDF Course Outline
We've sent you an email to with the download links for your selected course outline.
Be sure to check your junk mail folder, just in case your mailbox didn't like our email!
Your friends @ New Horizons
VMware NSX-T: Install, Configure, Manage [V2.2]
Thank you for submitting a SATV Enquiry. We will get back to you shortly.
Your friends @ New Horizons
Course has been added to your shopping cart.
Add to watch list
About Microsoft On-Demand Learning
Build your Microsoft technical expertise while balancing the demands of your schedule. The new MOC On-Demand series courses combine high-quality video lectures, live hands-on labs and knowledge-checks in a self-paced format to help you build skills as your schedule allows—all at once or five minutes at a time.
MOC On-Demand at a Glance
The modular structure offered by MOC On-Demand courses lets learners complete training piecemeal or in an order they choose.
Immediate Feedback on Mastery
Knowledge checks at the end of each module and each course tell learners whether they’ve mastered the content and are ready to move on.
Similar to In-class Microsoft official curriculum courses, MOC On-Demand is eligible for payment via Software Assurance Training Vouchers (SATVs)
Direct From the Source
MOC On-Demand is brought to you by the people who wrote the software. The content is based on the official Microsoft official curriculum (MOC).
Learn Anywhere Anytime
The high-quality in-depth video content, labs and knowledge checks are all available to you via the cloud 24 X 7.
Live Hands-on Labs
Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives customers a live, real-time environment for hands-on training.
blah is false